What Does an Inbound Marketing Agency Do?
Have you ever wondered what an inbound marketing agency actually does? Many people can be confused by the term ‘inbound marketing’, as they don’t really know the benefits they will receive when hiring an external agency. This is because the definition of ‘inbound marketing’ is not always clear.
Popular online marketing website, Hubspot , defines inbound marketing as ‘creating and sharing content with the world’, which in turn ‘attracts qualified prospects to your business and keeps them coming back for more’. Hubspot claim that ‘Since 2006, inbound marketing has been the most effective marketing method for doing business online’: so, why would you not take advantage of inbound marketing?
If you have an online business then inbound marketing is a must for your overall marketing efforts. If you do not have the time or expertise to start your own inbound marketing plan, this is where an inbound marketing agency comes in.
The four essential elements of inbound marketing
A successful inbound marketing agency will have both in-depth experience and knowledge to create shareable content for your online business, which will attract new customers and promote your brand online. The following three steps below outline how an inbound marketing agency will plan a successful online strategy for your business.
Attracting the right traffic
In order to attract the right customers to your website, an inbound marketing agency will create exciting and niche relevant content that will encourage people to share this information on their social media channels and raise awareness of your brand or business online.
This is most commonly done through the below efforts:
- Determining the correct keywords that you should be using for your target audience
- Making sure that all website pages are optimised for search engines, which will enable customers to find your business
- Blogging regular and creating interesting and shareable content
- Sharing posts, promotions and business news across your social media channels
Converting visitors into customers
Once you have got the attention of your target audience, you will want to turn their visits into customers. This can be done in the following ways:
- By making sure that ‘calls to action’ are visible on your website and across all online marketing materials.
- Creating and maintaining landing pages and forms in order to collect customer details.
- By ensuring that you have a customer database, which will allow you to keep contact details of previous visitors to use for future marketing campaigns and offers.
Creating exciting content and engaging with your audience
The key to any successful inbound marketing strategy and to keep customers interested in your website is to engage with your target audience. As Bill Gates famously said: “content is King”
This involves the following:
- Offering customers bespoke offers relevant to their interests and personas
- Using social media to your advantage to interact with customers, provide customer service and find out what is being said about your business online
- Providing exciting and interactive content for your email marketing campaigns, which will encourage customers to visit your site again
Why you need to invest in inbound marketing
Gone are the days of building a customer base by solely cold calling potential households. With the advancement of the internet and online technologies, the need for a successful inbound marketing strategy is more important than ever for businesses trading online. B2B, B2C and non-profit organisations can benefit from having a website and using social media channels to promote your business and reach new potential customers.
In Europe alone, 63.2% of the population used the internet – in June 2012 according to internetworldstats.com – which means, if you are not already taking advantage of inbound marketing, you are missing out on a large number of potential customers.
Remember, the overall aim of inbound marketing is to attract, convert and maintain your customers. So, make the most of inbound marketing by hiring a successful agency with a track record of managing effective campaigns for their clients.
Now it’s your turn
Let us know your questions about inbound marketing in the comments below.